Delicious Eggless Black Forest Cake Recipe
Preparing a cake is not complicated as it looks. We are here with an easy eggless black forest cake recipe you can try to add some sweetness to any special occasion. So, let’s get started.
- 2 cups (240gms) maida
- 1 cup (120gms) cocoa powder
- ½ tsp (3gms) baking soda
- 1 + ½ tsp (6gms) baking powder
- 1 cup (240ml) oil
- 2 + ¼ cup (450gms) sugar
- 1 + ½ cup (427gms) curd
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla
- ½ cup (120ml) milk
For cherry syrup
- 1 cup (140gms) cherries
- ¼ cup (50gms) sugar
- ¾ cup (180ml) water
Ingredients For cherry compote
- 1 cup (140gms) cooked cherries (from syrup)
- 1 cup (140gms) fresh cherries
- ¼ cup (50gms) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30ml) water
- 1 tbsp (10gms) cornflour
- ½ cup (115ml) fresh cream
- ½ cup (88gms) chopped chocolate
For chocolate shavings
- Melted chocolate
- Whipped cream (to frost and layer)
Before you start your preparation for baking the cake, think once again about whether you really want to do it. If not, then you can always get doorstep Cake Delivery Services for any remarkable celebration.
- Take a baking pan of 8” and line it with parchment paper. The oven needs to pre-heat to 180-degree celsius.
- Take cocoa powder, flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder into a bowl and whisk all the added ingredients.
- Beat oil and sugar together until the mixture is pale use a large bowl for this step. Add some yogurt and mix well.
- Using a mixer at low beat in vanilla.
- The flour mixture should be added alternately with milk, starting and ending with the flour mixture. Mix only until all the ingredients are well combined. Avoid overmixing.
- Divide the mixture into three equal portions and pour one portion into the pan bake it for thirty minutes at 180 degrees until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Repeat this process for all three sponges.
- You can start preparing cherry syrup and cherry compote while the cake is baking and cooling down.
- Add cherries, water, and sugar in a saucepan to make the syrup. Cook the mixture till the sugar dissolves, and the syrup becomes thick.
- In the next step, sieve out the cooked cherries, and the remaining liquid is your cherry syrup.
- To make the cherry compote, add the cooked cherries in a saucepan and some fresh cherries, water, and sugar. Let this cook on medium heat until the cherries have broken down, and wait until they become slightly thick.
- For the preparation of ganache, add fresh cream to a saucepan and bring it to a simmer. Take the pan off the heat and chop the chocolate. Wait for the chocolate to melt completely, and make sure that the ganache is one smooth mixture. Let it cool down for some time.
- To make chocolate shavings, on a sheet of parchment paper, spread melted chocolate on a sheet and set it in the fridge. wait until you get set. Scrape small chocolate shavings using a scraper.
- Once all the things are ready, it is time to assemble the cake. Take one cake sponge, place it on the bottom, and brush it with cherry syrup all over it.
- On the circumference of the cake pipe, whipped cream, making a well. Spread a layer of cherry compote. Spread another layer of whipped cream on top of the cherry compote.
- After you’ve spread another layer of whipped cream on top of the cherry compote, top the cake sponge with the second cake sponge. Finish all layers by repeating the process.
- Cover the cake with whipped cream once you reach the top layer.
- Take a piping bag and transfer the remaining whipped cream into it; on the circumference pipe, swirls of whipped cream. Spread a layer of chocolate ganache in the empty space in the middle.
- Using chocolate shavings, cover all the edges of the cake, which will give it a classic black forest cake look.
- Add some fresh cherries on top.
- For at least an hour, keep the cake in the fridge to give it some time to get settled.
If, after baking this cake if you have decided that you won’t be getting into the kitchen to prepare a cake for birthdays, you can always order Cakes and enjoy the deliciousness in every bite.
This is is the easy recipe for eggless black forest cake, which you can prepare in no time. Your loved ones will surely appreciate this small gesture as you have put all your effort in preparing this sweet treat.